Friday, January 12, 2007

CALIFORNIA FISH GRILL

California Fish Grill is one of my pops favorite lunch spots. This place is located at the west end of the 91 fwy which turns into Artesia Blvd. We have been here many times and this place get so packed during lunch hours that I feel like I'm at Costco on a Saturday or like clothes in a women's luggage. This place gets busy and for good reason!

My pops ordered the white roughy. It was the special of the day but I believe it's the special every damn day, well at least the last five times I went there. You have a choice of flavor for the fish; Cajun or buttered, fries or rice, coleslaw and bread. The fish was cooked perfectly, it flaked with the piercing of the plastic fork, and it didn't have that strong fishy smell that us guys hate. The fries were really good too, crisp and not that greasy.





I ordered my usual fish tacos and grilled zucchini, gotta get the zucchinis. The tacos are made of fried fish, sign of a good fish taco. It did not have a lot of cabbage on top either, which is another good sign. These tacos were pretty big, in fact, I had to pullout (that's what she said) some fish just so I could fit the taco in my mouth! ~ BOOTSI


CALIFORNIA FISH GRILL
1425 W. Artesia Boulevard
Gardena, California 90247
http://www.cafishgrill.com/

1 comment: