Tuesday, January 16, 2007

EL POLLO INKA

1425 W Artesia Blvd
Gardena, Ca 90247
www.elpolloinka.com

After a failed attempt to find some grub at the Torrance farmers market (long story), a group of close friends and I met up for a late lunch at El Pollo Inka in Gardena. It is located in the same plaza and right next to the California Fish Grill. This place definitely pleases the taste buds and for any reason your meal is not that good just put a nice drenching of green sauce over the food and it would make your meal hella good. Every meal here during lunch time includes a bowl of chicken rice soup. Some day old chicken and rice, throw in some veggies and WALLA....a nice hearty delicious soup, but add some green sauce on that mug and it tasted even better!
One of my friends ordered the Saltado de Camarones. This plate had lots of shrimps that were stir fried with the usual red onions, french fries, tomatoes and special seasonings. I did not try any of the shrimp because I didn't want to look like a fat ass, but believe me i was eyeing them. She said they were really good, especially with some of that green sauce!

This was a whole rotisserie chicken and rice, my friend's usual. I couldn't resist the offer to receive a piece. The skin of the chicken were burnt at the edges and crisp at the bite. The breast was soft and moist, so good that i wanted to put that whole breast my mouth with some green sauce of course.
This was my order of Saltado de Pollo. It's basically the same thing as the Saltado de Camarones but with chicken. As you can see the first thing I did was drench it in green sauce. I would of put a lot more but we did have a table of six, so I wanted everybody to have a chance before I go postal on my food with it. Chicken was moist and tender, but it could of been a little more burnt on the edges ( a little char is all I'm asking). It was really good none the less.
This is the magical green sauce after I demolished it. I cant explain the taste but it is refreshing with a real little kick to it. My friend Peter said it is so good that he would put it on everything he ate if El Pollo Inka had this stuff for sell and I, 100% agree with his absurd statement. ~Bootsi




2 comments:

  1. OMG! I LOVE EL POLLO INKA! I wish the one in West LA was still around... :(

    Anyhow, welcome to the wonderful world of food blogging! :D

    Btw, you and my boyfriend are the only ones I know who finish off an entire bottle of the "magical green sauce." LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that magical green sauce is called Aji and it's basically a jalapeno sauce. although i guess technically it's supposed to be made with specific peruvian chiles that aren't readily available here. my brother in law is peruvian and his mother has trained my sister well in delicious aji making. i could drink that stuff it is so amazing!!!!!!

    seriously get the papa a la huancaina next time. it blows my mind everytime and is also one of the very few things i can eat there since i'm vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete