Thursday, February 22, 2007

PIZZA MOZZA

641 N. Highland Ave.
Los Angeles, Ca 90036
www.mozza-la.com

Sorry no pictures for this one! After reading about Pizza Mozza from other blogs and many magazines, I have been wanting to go to this place for many months now! This past Tuesday, I finally made my way out there. This place is owned by celebrity chef Mario Batali, you can see him on food channel, and Nancy Silverton, the lady behind La Brea Bakery and Campanile Restaurant. So, I heard this place was hard to get a reservation and the only time that you should go would be during the off hours of 10pm (it closes at 12 everyday). There was supposed to be five of us at first but as the day wore on. it just ended up being just two of us. Thank goodness because we arrived a little after ten and this place was still fuckin packed like a can of sardines! It was so damn packed that the valet wouldn't even take Blu Gal (my car). He told me to check how long the wait was first then go back and tell him if I was gonna stay or not.

As I walked in, there was about four groups waiting to be seated. The hostess told us that it would take about twenty minutes, but since there was only two of us, she seated us within three minutes. See everything works out for a reason and if the whole group would of came it probably would of took over an hour to grab a seat.

We were seated at the pizza bar and Nancy Silverton was right there in front of me. Before I even sat down sat down, Nancy looked me right in the eye, gave me smile and said hi!!! Can you believe that shit, I was star struck. There was no way I was gonna pull out my camera for this one, SORRY! This place was dark, with red walls and high black ceilings. The joint was small and the place was really loud. I noticed that I had to lean towards my friend to conversate. We ordered the fried potatoes with sage. This was pretty good. The crisp sage was wonderful and went well with the potatoes and the aoili. For the pizzas we ordered the prosciutto & arugula pizza, hold the arugula, and the fennel sausage pizza. Both were damn amazing. The prosciutto was semi salty and just melted in my mouth and the fennel sausage pizza was really sweet from the red onions and salty from the sausage that I had to shake my head in amazement. The crust was out of this world, crunchy and chewy. I never had anything like this before! For dessert we ordered vanilla ice cream with espresso poured over the top. This was nothing to special at all. In fact, I really don't care for coffee and I really didn't care for this dessert. I also ordered the butterscotch pudding. This was delicious. It was like a mousse or was it like a pudding? All I remember was that there was mousse/pudding then a layer or butterscotch, then a shower of Fleur de Sel (salt) and topped off with a dollop of whip. It was really good, but the sprinkle of Fleur de Sel made this piece, the shit! ~ Bootsi

Other Pizza Mozza reviews not done by me 1, 2, 3

No comments:

Post a Comment