Thursday, March 22, 2007

EARTHEN RESTAURANT

Earthen Restaurant is one of my cousin's and his wife's favorite places to eat. They decided to take me there even though it was a little further than planned, but apparently it is so good that they were willing to miss Grey's Anatomy for this Taiwanese Chinese restaurant.

Located in a big plaza, this place did not have eye poppin' frontage. It was surrounded by many other Chinese places that included a bakery, tea house, etc. As soon as we stepped out of the car both my cousin and his wife mentioned how Earthen's service was below pair, by American standards it's down right shitty!

They raved about the house chicken and for good reason. This chicken was delicious! It was a baked chicken marinated in a soy and vinegar with thick slices of cucumber. It was served cold and was very refreshing. We were fighting for the cucumbers, that's how good the marinade was.

I ordered the house noodles. It had many different kinds of seafood in it, some Chinese vegetables, thin noodles tossed in a hot sauce. We barely touched it. Not a fan of the house noodles. I don't think I'll make that house noodle mistake again.

Onion pancakes were my favorite dish of the night. Greasy heaven was what I called it. This was amazing, my eyes lit up with happiness and joy when my teeth crunched though the layers of flaky goodness. My lips were like two girls wrestling in baby oil, just shiny and greasy! Oh so satisfying!

The house special vegetable dumplings were good also, but I don't know why they call it a dumpling. It didn't resemble anything like a dumpling but who am I to complain. I guess hey can call it anything they want just as long as it's good. It was more like a calzone that was stuffed with glass noodles, green onions and leeks. The only problem with this was that all the filling fell out as you lifted it towards your mouth.

I was in the mood for dumplings so we got an order of shrimp dumplings. These boiled dumplings were a "nickel bag of funk" meaning that they were delicious, the bizzness, the bombiz. They were over stuffed with shrimp and contained little filler. I wish they had a pan fried version of this, "Oh baby!"

Once again we totally over ordered. But hey, it is what it is. The service was a lot better than what I was expecting. The place was full on this Thursday night, but as I'm told, this place gets sardined on weekends and the staff could careless if you leave unhappy because the food will bring your unhappy ass right back to this bitch! ~ Bootsi

Earthen Restaurant
1639 S Azusa Ave
Hacienda Heights, CA 91745






No comments:

Post a Comment