Thursday, March 1, 2007

REDONDO DINER

Many restaurants have come and gone in this Gardena location. It shares it's location with Quizinos, Dominoes, Jackson Hewitt and Smart and Final. I drive by the Redondo Diner at least four times a day, but never cared to go. I finally wanted to try it after seeing it featured in the Daily Breeze's RAVE, so I gathered up the family to eat there for lunch. The inside has not changed from when it was a Korean Tofu house. It is really simple with a lot of wood. The first thing I noticed on the menu was that they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. All the meals came with complimentary soup, today was chicken soup. The soup didn't look like much, but it was pretty tasty.

Of course, Moms ordered the cheapest thing on the menu, $3.95 or $4.95 can't remember, for the grilled ham n cheese sandwich. I didn't try it, but how can somebody mess that up right? The fries were OK.


Next up was the BLT that my brother ordered. He has never been impressed by a diner, so to him, a sandwich is just a sandwich. It looked good to me.

I ordered the French dip sandwich with potato salad. I wished they had more meat in it, but I liked it. The bread was really good, especially when it was dipped into the au jus. The potato salad was good too. I believe this was about $6 and it filled me up.

Pops went with the red snapper in garlic butter, which was on the dinner menu. Still under $11. The red snapper was a big piece of fillet that turned out really good. It was moist and cooked perfectly. It came with a choice of potato and a side of veggies.
The place is cool if your looking for a quiet spot to eat, not because everybody is quiet in there, but because there is nobody there. It opens early but also closes early, so definitely check the place out to get the times. The food is decent and the prices are low. It is a cool place to go when your dough is low. ~ BOOTSI
Redondo Diner
1546 Redondo Beach Blvd.
Gardena, CA 90247




No comments:

Post a Comment