Friday, September 21, 2007

AIMEE'S BISTRO

800 PCH
Redondo Beach
www.aimeesbistro.com

My aunt has never eaten at a French restaurant before so I decided to take her to Aimee's Bistro in Redondo. This is one of my favorite places to eat. It is a place that I can always count on for amazing food and good service. I've been here four or five times and each time was great. I took my picky ass dad here before too and he loved it. I took my brother and his wife here too and they fell in love with the place. This place ranks high on my "Da Shit" list.

We ordered Moules A La Thailandaise, black mussels in a spicy lemongrass, coconut milk and cilantro broth. This was hands down one of the best dishes that I have ever had. There were over a dozen mussels that were drenched in this amazing creamy broth. I could of easily made this an entree dish if I just would of brought some rice in a Ziploc bag with me from my rice cooker at home. I'm really gonna be considering it the next time, that's how good the mussels and broth were.



We shared (of course we managed to some how do it Chinese family style) an order of Risotto De St. Jacques Et Scampi, scallops and jumbo shrimp risotto with creamy saffron sauce. The risotto came with three large shrimp and three large scallops. The rice was perfectly cooked and the creamy saffron sauce was yes indeed cream and flavorful. I have ordered this dish couple of times before and every time, after the first bite, I always close my eyes and just smile.

We also shared the Boullabaisse, a famous French mix of shrimp, mussels, clams, scallops and salmon in a tomato-based saffron & herb-scented broth. This was the first time I ever tried boullabaisse. I never felt it was right to pay 20 plus dollars for soup but I was wrong, this dish was totally worth it. The tomato broth was excellent. I didn't know if I wanted to use a spoon for the broth or use the bread to sop up the broth, so my ass did both. It came with a mound full of seafood (shrimps, mussels, clams, scallops and salmon & halibut chunks.). It was a seafood party in that bitchin bowl.

For dessert we chose the creme brulee. It's a delicate vanilla flavored custard with a burnt sugar crust on top. It is a wonderful contrast of textures.


Plain and simple, this meal was amazing. Unfortunately we ate too damn much. I was slouching in the booth halfway through the meal with my spare tire firmly chilling over and suffocating my belt. My brain was telling me to stop but my taste buds and gut told me to go on, so I did. I can't wait to do this shit all over again! - BOOTSI






2 comments:

  1. I love Aimees! My family goes there for every special occasion - birthdays, Mother's Day, graduations. The owner is so sweet, the service is always great, and the food is amazing. I love that refreshing sauce they always serve with the bread.

    - Adrienne
    geocities.com/diriginous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try Aimee's now. I just moved to the South Bay from San Francisco and have been looking for good restaurants. Thanks for the tip. Do you know if their steak frites is good? I've been going to Cafe Pierre for their steak frites but want something a little less pricey. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete