Wednesday, April 11, 2007

KING TACO

12102 Long Beach Blvd.
Lynwood, CA 90262
www.kingtaco.com

This was my first time ever going to King Taco. I was so excited because I have heard so much good things about their tacos and their sublime hot sauce. I would of been here a lot sooner had I known it was right down the street from my torta spot (Gallo Giro) in Plaza Mexico. I thought this place would be a hole in the wall but I was totally wrong! This place was big and reminded me of Burger King with murals of Aztec warriors on the wall.

So I ordered 2 carne asada tacos with everything. The first thing that stood out to me was the tortillas, it wasn't an off white like I was used to, it was yellow and the texture was soft yet chewy. It was really good. The carne asada was good but not great. The red sauce on the other hand was amazing, not too over powering, just perfect!

I also tried the al pastor, marinated pork, taco. That was hands down the highlight of the trip. The flavorful crispy pieces of pork was sinful. Man that was one hell of a taco. The other taco I ate was filled with carnitas. This was really good too, but after I ate the al pastor that was all I was really thinking about, that and the red sauce.

I guess on weekends they serve rotisserie chicken dinners. My friend had told me so much good things about the chicken that I made sure we got it even if it was a 20 minute wait. Full and stuffed after the tacos, the whole chicken finally came out of the rotisserie and our # was finally called. It came with a package of steaming hot tortillas, packaged chips and beans. The chicken was melt in your mouth good. The skin was extra flavorful and salty and because of that my drink was disappearing at an alarming rate (no free refills).
All in all I was really impressed by this place. The food was good and cheap, the red hot sauce was amazing and so was the green sauce that everyone seems too over look. The only disappointing part was the chips. I thought that they could of been a little more authentic than packaged chips! ~ Bootsi

1 comment:

  1. I think that their Carne Asada has way too much lemon. It taste like im biting into a lemon! One reason I think is because the meat must be old and they need the lemon to cover it up. Plus it's so expensive for a Gosh Darn 2 bite taco. $1.25. Geeze! 2.5 inch taco. There is just too much hype for this place. I've been to many Taco Trucks that are 10 times better and 10 times cheaper. KT is okay but just Okay.

    ReplyDelete