Wednesday, April 18, 2007

FLEMMING'S STEAKHOUSE

2301 W. Rosecrans Ave #1199
El Segundo, CA 90245
www.flemingssteakhouse.com

This is my 4th time making it out to Flemmings Steakhouse. Located on Rosecrans by the Pacific Theaters, it is a convenient stop after or before the movies. Today I watched 300 with my dad. This was an amazing movie that mad me feel like I should go on a diet...starting tomorrow!

Flemmings was very dark and pretty ghetto compared to my pass visits. It was dark enough where I felt like I walked into the movies all late and shit. Ghetto because I saw numerous people in there wearing baggy ass jeans and a white T. Whatever happen to the good old days when the workers at the front desk would look at you all disgusted and shit to hint you that you're not at a burger joint and that your ass best come dressed just a little nicer next time? lol Sounds harsh but that's what happened to me the first time I came hear and they looked at me up and down, then sent us outside to the patio with the quickness. haha

Well spur of the moment trip here, had us looking like the rest of the diners. They gave us complimentary toasted crunchy slices of bread and a blue cheese dip and some other dip. The blue cheese dip was amazing. We ordered a side of sauteed mushrooms with our steak. It had both button and portabello mushrooms that was sauteed in butter and whole cloves of garlic. I love mushrooms, so this was right up my alley.

The creamed corn was amazing. This is not your mom's cream corn. It was not runny at all, like the many that I have tried, but more like a casserole. It had melted Parmesan and Gruyere cheese it and was topped of with crispy fried jalapenos. I couldn't get enough of this side.

We ordered the 16 oz bone in filet mignon, which was one of the specials of the night. It was extra tender and soft. The only problem with this steak was that we asked for it to be done medium, but it was given to us rare.

The prime 22 oz bone-in ribeye was damn good! Cooked to the way I liked it, it was soft and juicy. I really don't know how else to explain it besides "Delish!"

It is always a great time when I spend it with Pops. ~ Bootsi



No comments:

Post a Comment