Sunday, January 28, 2007

LOTERIA GRILL

6333 W. 3rd St.
Los Angeles, Ca 90036
www.farmersmarketla.com

At least once a month I make it to the farmer's market, on 3rd and Fairfax, for breakfast. This is not just any breakfast but the huevos rancheros from Loteria Grill. This place is easily one of my top 3 Mexican food places. The prices are steep compared to those around town but the food is amazing. If I lived closer I would be there every other day.

The huevos rancheros at Loteria Grill puts all other huevos rancheros to shame. The flavor of the sauce and potatoes are great. They don't smother their food with cheese like other places. You can taste the freshness of the sauce and the potatoes are mixed with so much butter, it's like heaven in your mouth. They also give you a choice of flour or corn tortillas, I always go for the corn because they make it there fresh every morning. I have been getting this for about 7 months straight and they have yet to fail me.

Even though I am usually stuffed by the time I finish the huevos rancheros I usually order something else so I can try out Loteria's menu. This time I ordered a side of chicken enchilada in green sauce. This was also very good. The sauce was tangy and once again they did not smother it with cheese and the chicken was flavorful. This would be delicious as a meal with rice and beans but I just cannot, and I repeat CANNOT, stop ordering the huevos rancheros because it is that damn GOOD! ~ Bootsi

No comments:

Post a Comment