Saturday, February 24, 2007

KANTARO SUSHI

1542 W. Carson St.
Torrance, Ca 90501

After class on today I was in the mood to get something to eat . I first wanted tacos from Tacos Sinaloa on Carson St, but I instead made a left into a parking lonely liquor store parking lot. There hides a traditional sushi spot named Kantaro Sushi. I've been here before for their wonderful omakase (chef's choice) dinner, but I found out that omakase was for dinner only. The interior of this place is like my bedroom when I was younger. They had posters of Japanese baseball stars, a TV and ornaments on the wall. It was a very relaxing atmosphere. As soon as I sat down I was given a hot towel, a cup of green tea and the menu. The menu didn't have much on there, maybe around ten lunch sets that I could of chose from. None of the stuff was cooked everything was either sushi or sashimi over rice. I chose the most expensive set, of course. Not that I have money falling out my pockets like Eddie Murphy with pussy, but I just couldn't resist.
Salad came first. This salad consisted of lettuce, carrots, tomato, and cabbage, to my surprise. The dressing was sweet and tangy. Then came the miso soup. This miso was hearty with lots of seaweed, green onions and little cubes of tofu. The miso was good.

This is how my $16 sushi set came. Ten pieces of sushi and one California roll.


Close up of all the food. Don't know what some of them are, but I do remember how good the sea urchin was and how outstanding the eel was. The eel was a thick cut of meat, crisp at the edges and the sauce was not to sweet, not to salty and not too thick. It was right on.




To finish it all up, I was offered red bean or green tea ice cream. I always order the green tea after my sushi, but the only reason for that was because I don't recall anybody offering anything else. I ended up getting the red bean flavored ice cream and it didn't disappoint. In fact, it tasted like strawberry ice cream and I love strawberry ice cream! Not bad for $16, not bad at all, but the $30 something omakase dinner is a must try! ~ Bootsi







No comments:

Post a Comment