Wednesday, March 28, 2007

PIZZA MOZZA part II

I was pretty disappointed with my first review of Pizza Mozza because I didn't have pictures to show readers what I ate. I have been itching to go back ever since then. I finally had a chance to go there during spring break and to my delight we were seated at a table and not the bar. I took many pictures and I felt like a food paparazzi. I think I came close to crashing into the waiters when I was trying to get that one good shot! Thank goodness no one got hurt.

Like I said before this place was packed, but somehow we were seated right away (It just shows you how hot looking people get treated.....not me, the two ladies that I was with.) We ordered the brussel sprouts with prosciutto breadcrumbs. It was a little weird at first because of the bitter taste, but the more I ate it, the more I couldn't get enough of it. Never was a brussel spout fan, but this ended up pretty good. There wasn't much prosciutto, but you could taste it's salty flavor. The only sad part to this dish was that it came out a little cold.

I decided to get the egg, asparagus, onion & pramigiano pizza after hearing good things about it from other bloggers. This is supposed to be the only pizza that's not cut at the counter because the egg yolk would run all over the place and ruin your crust, but to my surprise it was already cut! They did not cut through the yolk though, so I had to pop it myself. This was an amazing pizza. The toppings worked wonderfully together; soft sweet onions, perfectly cooked asparagus and a runny yolk equals "the Shit!"

This is the squash blossoms, burrata & tomato pizza. This was damn good too! The burrata made all the difference, it was soft, sweet and refreshing. It went really good with the crust, but then again this crust is amazing, so I guess anything would be good with it.

I take back that comment that I said earlier. Not everything goes good with the crust. An example would be this, the bufala mozzarella, speck & black olive tapenade. This was by far gotta be the worst thing on the menu. The tapenade was terrible. If the olive tapenade wasn't there this pizza might of been pretty good. The tapenade totally overpowered the rest of the toppings.
I ordered this to go for my brother and his wife, but guess where the fennel sausage, panna & red onion pizza go? That's right, it went home with me and eventually settled in my stomach like broccoli between teeth. This was just as good as last time, with big boulders of sausage and extra sweet red onions and creamy panna.

My dessert was the rum raisin gelato and chocolate chip gelato. The rum raisin was strong on rum but was decent. Thought my low tolerance of alcohol was gonna turn my face into the color of a baboon's ass, but thank goodness that it didn't. Unfortunately, I would pass on this the next time I come.

The butterscotch pudding is always a winner. It's a very relaxing dessert.

The the best overall dish of the night would be the lemon gelato pie. Man when I tell you this thing makes your mouth water, I really mean that! In fact this pie might even make your eyes water, it's that damn good! The lemon flavor totally explodes on your tongue. I don't think I will ever get another dessert from this place after eating this one.
So I think I have a crush on Nancy Silverton. There is just something about her that I find intriguing. It might be her desire for perfection, her work ethic, her curly hair. Even when I saw here leaving, they way she dressed was cute! Next time I'm gonna ask her to take a picture with me!


PIZZA MOZZA
641 N. Highland Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036
http://www.mozza-la.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment