Thursday, February 22, 2007

SEAFOOD PORT

21180 Hawthorne Blvd
Torrance, Ca 20503

The family ate dinner at Seafood Port in Torrance in celebration of Chinese New Years. My dad used to love going down to Chinatown for dinner, but ever since we found this place...the rest is history. This place is always packed on the weekends. The portions are big and the prices are cheap, what more can you ask for. As we all know, Chinese waiters don't give a fuck. The food came out randomly and fast. Next thing we knew our table had plates on top of plates.

The first to come out was the house special lobster. Man this baby was good. It was a little over three pounds and at $10.99lb. We always get our lobster this way, lightly floured and fried then stir fried with garlic, green onions, jalapenos and some sweet house sauce. The meat was perfectly cooked and the little bits of goodness on the bottom of the plate was scooped right on top of my rice. Yummy!!!!



Fish bones, yes fuckin fish bones, with soft tofu came out next. The tofu was so soft and silky and it was all drenched in light flavored soy sauce. That was really good. The fish bones on the other hand was just fish bones, well that's because I was born here in America, but to the rest of my family it was considered fish with meat. Some how they made a meal out of it.
If you were wondering where the meat of the fish went it went into this soup. This soup was not even on the menu, probably because it would scare most people. Being Chinese, we knew a secret menu, sorry suckers! I loved this soup. Two meals for the price of one, if you consider fish bones a meal.

Next came the stir fried minced chicken with lettuce wraps. These wraps were better than the wraps that I had at P.F. Changs. Tell you the truth, I didn't even like them from there. The wraps here, on the other hand, was the total opposite. Half a head of lettuce on one plate and the minced chicken on another plate. There was so much minced chicken that we ended up having the waiter bring us the other half of the lettuce.


I can't recall the name of this chicken dish. It wasn't all that great anyways. I just remember it being a little spicy and a little sweet. Nothing great.

This is eggplant w/ garlic sauce and meat. It raised my eyebrows on this one. The garlic sauce did not have much of a garlic flavor, but it did have a really sweet flavor. The eggplant was soft and mushy, just the way I like it.
Scallop in noodle basket was our last one. This one was okay. I love scallops, but for some reason I really didn't care for these. The sauce was good and the fried noodle basket was crunchy, but like I said I just wasn't diggin it.

Dessert was on the house and this is one of my most dislike desserts. It comes out warm and consisted of tapioca, bits of chopped seaweed and some type of sweet mushed beans. I couldn't do it. All in all it was a good meal. I left feeling really stuffed because the portions are so large. I could still taste the meaty delicious lobster. I'm glad this place is close to home. Nothings worst that to drive home from Chinatown on a full stomach.






No comments:

Post a Comment