Saturday, February 10, 2007

THE SAN FRANCISCAN

2520 Sepulveda Blvd
Torrance, Ca 90505
I've went to Lawry's many years back and expected it to blow my mind. In fact, Lawry's did blow my mind, too bad it was in a bad way! That was maybe the worst prime rib spot that I have ever been to, very sad indeed. This is not about Lawry's but it's about the San Franciscan. I have heard of the San Franciscan many years back, from friends and the fact that I have to go by it whenever I go in to work. Always wanted to but never did, so I finally decide to take a go at it.

I'm always looking for the best prime rib, the satisfaction on a medium rare roast with au jus is simply divine. So as my friend and I walk into the restaurant, the first thing we noticed was the live entertainment, the lady and her guitarist. Don't judge a book by it's cover because I was like "Oh god you gotta be kidding me" but they were awesome. They were playing all the jams! The interior was old schoolish, bright red booths, old wall paper and dim lights. I felt like I was in the hallway of an old downtown Vegas hotel.

We started off with fried calamari. It was pretty good. Not too much of a squid flavor that I like but it had that chew that I enjoy. The big rings were breaded and not battered so it didn't leave your lips all greasy and shit.

Dinner came with warm sourdough bread and soup or salad. Both were good but I really enjoyed the bread. I could stop cutting a piece for myself. Bad move!

I also ordered couple of fried shrimps on the side of my prime rib. These shrimps were big and cost about 2 to 3 dollars each. It wasn't worth it because it was just so much food. They were really good though, but I hate it when I force myself to eat more.

The prime rib was the star of the night. We were treated with fresh and creamed horseradish. You get a choice of starch, in which I chose baked potato. One of the best baked potatoes that I have ever encountered. OK now back to the meat. I ordered the medium sized portion and it was big. It was roasted perfectly pink and was so soft when put into the mouth. I usually hate it when people put the au jus in shot glass on the side because you know it is never enough. This place, however, pours it over the meat before it even reaches the table. I was impressed with that because there was still a lot or au just that didn't get sucked up by the prime rib. This is probably one the best prime rib that I have ever ate. There was nothing bad that I could say about it, it was that damn GOOD! ~ BOOTSI





No comments:

Post a Comment