Tuesday, February 13, 2007

MONSIEUR MARCEL

6333 W. 3rd St
Los Angeles, Ca 90036
www.breadwineandcheese.com

One of my favorite beautiful friends just came back from a two month trip in Mexico. We decided to hangout and grab some grub at LA's farmer's market. I wanted to try something else this time (instead of my usual Loteria) and since we got there really late, Monsieur Marcel looked liked one of a few places that was still open! When we sat down the waiter told us that the kitchen would be closing in ten minutes and that we had to put our order in quick. We flipped through the menu quickly, but our waiter never came back. We finally had to flag him down because he was playing grab-ass at the bar with his buddy. We both ordered the filet mignon grille. It included fries, but my friend wanted hers with mashed potatoes instead and I wanted my brandy mushroom sauce on the side. It never happened, both of them. No mash potatoes, No sauce on the side. I didn't really mind the sauce being slathered on top, it was just a precaution, just in case I didn't care for it. Luckily it was delicious. We told the runner about the mash potatoes when he brought out the food, but I'm not sure what happened after that because we never got the mashed potatoes! WTF! Guess it was time to go home and figured we were young and didn't tip good anyways, so fuck them! Other than that the steak was cooked perfectly and the fries were great, so I guess it didn't matter.

I also ordered a side of gratin dauphinois, potatoes gratin for us non fancy folks (pictured above). This was really good! It isn't you momma's scalloped potatoes that's for sure! I can't recall the cheese, but I know it wasn't your typical cheddar or swiss, it was the fancy stuff! The only bad thing about it was that I was hoping for a burnt cheesy crust.

This place was really good and the price was decent, the service though was sorry. The waiter didn't even check on us after he told us that there was only ten minutes left to put in our order. Like I said, we had to flag his ass down to get our order in and when we received our food from the runner, the waiter didn't even check on us until we were almost done. When we received the bill, I noticed he didn't even put down our special request for the mash potatoes and sauce on the side. I gave him a good tip too, which now, that I look back, I regret!
After all that, I would still make it out to this place again because I really doubt my events would happen often at a place like this. Plus, the only other occupied table at the restaurant ordered big bowls of mussels. They were all tearing it up like it was a contest! They made that shit look so damn tasty, that since then, I have been craving that shit ever since! ~ Bootsi

1 comment:

  1. food was great , staff was good ,wine list perfect and very resonable, will be back

    ReplyDelete