Saturday, September 1, 2007

EL HAURACHE AZTECA #1

5225 York Blvd.
Highland Park

One of my friend sent me an email about a place that she saw in the dining section of the LA Weekly. It was called SOLE FOOD, written by Johnathan Gold, and he talked about this tiny restaurant in Highland Park that serves foot sized fried masa topped with all the fixings. So after a week or so we made a trip to Highland Park for some hauraches!


I ordered a haurache with carna asada and the works (onions, cilantro, crema,beans and grated cheese). The masa was freshly fried and crisp when we picked it up. It was so big that I had to cut it in half and eat it like a fat slice of pizza. The carna asada that I ordered on it was a tad dry, but balanced out with the crema and the fresh veggies. It was very satisfying.

My fatass also ordered the Wednesday special, chicken mole verde. I'm not a big mole fan, but this was really good. My plate came with a thigh and a drumstick smothered in green mole and really good whole beans and rice that was just as good. The chicken fell right off the bone and the mole was amazing. I wanted to lick up the plate when I was done, but remembered that I was not alone. ~ BOOTSI






No comments:

Post a Comment