Sunday, January 28, 2007

BOULE

420 N. La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles, Ca 90048
Well after every trip to the farmer's market in LA, I go straight up Beverly Blvd, make a right at La Cienega and pull up right in front of Boule for some sweets. The interior looks like a Tiffany's & Co box. It is simple and beautiful, so when you walk in there the colors of the pastries and desserts explodes. I had a pleasant surprise today as I walked towards Boule, it was Sprinkles. They are building a Sprinkles Cupcakes right next door. I'm not too happy about that because I don't care for their cupcakes (too sweet) nor do I care for the extra foot traffic in Boule that comes along with it.

The first time I tried their macarons it was a treat! The shell was crunchy and the inners was soft and chewy. Everything that I have tasted there is Simply delicious! The first time I bit into an enclair I was like WOW this thing was amazing. So today I ordered a rose petal enclair. Yes it tasted rosey and refreshing. It smelled great and tasted even better! Beautiful pink rose frosting on top of a crunchy pastry that was filled with custard had my tongue doing cartwheels. When I bit into it, it was so refreshing, it totally cooled my tongue. This is an amazing treat.

Next up are the macarons. The yellow one is lemon, my favorite one. The green one is pistachio, my second favorite. The other two, almond and something else, was also good but did not stand out like the other two. All of them were crunchy with a soft, chewy flavorful center.

Ever since I was little I could not stand coconut shavings. Growing up in a Chinese household all of our birthday cakes had coconut shavings on the side and sometimes in the middle. It was so disgusting to me that I would just scrape off all the cream frosting and filling and just ate the sponge. So you may ask why in the world did I order three coconut macaroons .... because they are fucking delicious. I bought some for my pops during a previous visit but you know I'm a fatass so I had to try it. My pops loved it and I loved it too. It had a roasted coconut flavor with a soft crunch to it. The inside was a soft and sweet cooked coconut center. This place is definitely a must try whenever you are by the Beverly Center. ~ Bootsi




No comments:

Post a Comment