Monday, May 14, 2007

Ruth Chris

2961 Michelson Drive
Irvine, CA 92612
www.ruthschris.com

Here I am for a birthday dinner at Ruth Chris. There is something special about sizzling butter that brings a tear to my eye. The Irvine Ruth Chris that we went to on this day is located in a big strip mall, so there is plenty of parking unless you want to boost your ego and valet your car. The service was nothing great. We asked for butter four times and finally received it when the food came out.
I ordered a side of French fried onion rings and boy oh boy, these things were marvelous. This is by far the best onion ring that I have ever had. Everything about these rings were perfect. I hate it when you bite into an onion ring and the whole slice of onion comes out with it. You get a fat slice of onion hanging from your mouth and fried breading in your hand. That's bullshit! That's not how an onion ring should be, damn it. I call these "the ring that dominates all rings!"

For the main course, I ordered the filet and added a bleu cheese crust for a little extra $$$. On the website it says that it's the moist tender cut of corn fed Midwestern beef. I'm gonna have to agree with it. Steaks are seared at 1800 degrees and comes out on a hot ass blistering plate with sizzling butter."Oohhhs" and "ahhhhhs" came from our table. The filet was really tender but lacked that beefy flavor that other steaks have. Thank goodness for the butter because we all know butter makes things happen.
Everybody really enjoyed thier dinner. There was really no complaints as far as the food goes. Service wise, that's another story. ~Bootsi

1 comment:

  1. I gotta say that while there is nothing remarkable or untoward about the service at any Ruth's Chris I have been to, the food is consistently nommy. Just nom nom nom. Your photos are making my mouth water for a filet mignon with a bleu cheese crust. Loves it.

    ReplyDelete